Monday, February 18, 2008

Lucky....

I have only read the first couple chapters of Lucky, but so far the book is very interesting. It is a definite page turner. Alic Sebold is an amazing writer and if i had more time I'm sure I could read this book in a day.
Sebold does a very good job with her descriptions. The intensity of them makes you feel as if you are there observing. She mentions everything you could think of with out making it overwhelming to where you get lost reading the first couple pages. In the first chapter when she is going through the happenings of her rape, I felt as if i was standing there watching. As creepy as that sounds, I felt I was watching and could not do anything to help.
On the other hand there was something that I am not real sure how I felt about it. The way Sebold jumps from subject to subject after each chapter. At first you don't really see the meaning behind the things such as her infatuation with the house fires. I didn't really understand where she was going with that whole chapter. Also, immediately after wen she jumps into talking about her mother drinking, I felt that was kind of random at first.
Although there are many things I find odd about her writing style, I still find her to be an amazing writer and can't wait to read more of Lucky!

No comments: